PacMan Availability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Is this yeast being offered commercially yet, or is bottle scavenging still the only way to get it?

It is available Only through distributors (both online or at LHBS's) who are authorized Brewcraft distributors.... So if your retailer is one, then you are golden...

The rest of us have to bottle harvest...I've had 6 really succesful harvests.

You're in MI? Well if you are in SE michigan, then no, Cap N Cork doesn't have it. Andy was the one who found out for me...

Yep, I buy it all the time at my local joint, Main Street Homebrew. Site is mainbrew.com. They ship, so I'm sure you can buy some if you're willing to wait.

You get to drink a good beer if you bottle harvest though, I have had great success with harvesting and I don't even own a stir plate.

In my experience, the shakespeare stout definitely has the most yeast in the bottom of the bottle.

I used the Brutal Bitter and American Amber. It kicked off once I added the American Amber. I would trust Revvy on this one He was my Reverand of culturing.

I used the Brutal Bitter and American Amber. It kicked off once I added the American Amber. I would trust Revvy on this one He was my Reverand of culturing.

Thanks!

I still haven't been able to figure if Dead Guy is filtered or not...I haven't had much luck that I could see from it...I usually end up pitching it with the dregs from a SHakespeare stout, or two...

+1 on the Shakespeare Stout there is a lot of yeasties in the bottom of a bomber, I did have luck with a bottle of Juniper Pale Ale as well however.

Back