Keggle Question & Update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
First the question: After I construct my keggles do I need to boil water in them (or something else) to get them ready for brewing or can i just go straight to brewing after a good rinsing? Same question applies to my immersion chiller.

Update for those who have been part of this fun/interesting/frustrating/rewarding experience: My dad and I woke up early sunday morning to start constructing the keggles. We didn't get far. We tried cleaning all the **** off them and nothing we got worked and we tried cutting w/ a jigsaw & metal blade. While the saw and blade had no problem, the shoe of the saw wouldn't allow a cut larger than a 6 inch diameter.

Tomorrow I'm picking up the keg from a local welder who is plasma cutting it for me ($25 a piece). Saturday I'll try installing all my fixings, let's hope I'm successful and can brew by the end of the day!

I'd wash the keggle with Bar Keeper's Friend and wash the IC with that or Oxyclean Free. And probably do it several times to make sure there was no metal filing left.

Back