What's brewing this weekend 8/4 - 8/6?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootYtRappeR

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a PRA this weekend! Heading to the LHBS tomorrow to see if I can find all the stuff I need to brew on Sunday.:ban:

Anyone brewing?

Brewing my first stout, a vanilla, oatmeal stout....something for the fall

Just returned from a 3 week vacation and I'm itching to brew. I am going to do a Brown Ale because I had few really good ones while we were traveling.

"ROAD Ale" (the military guys will get it)

12# 2 Row (American)
1# Crystal 10
.25# Malto Dextrine

.5oz Pacific Gem (13%) 60 min
.25 Pacific Gem 30 min
.25 Cascade 30 min
.25 Pacific Gem 15 min
.25 Cascade 15min
.25 Both 2 min
.25 Both Dry
Nottingham dry yeast

Nada, but I hope to get the keg locker finished. I put all of the kegs in it just to give me more room to work. Cooling it down with 2-liter bottles of ice. Also found an old wire wine rack that I cut down, so I can put the IPA Brut & various old stouts to bed. Had to BUY a piano hinge for the lid, as Bekins bent the only one I had.

Nothing this weekend, but I plan on consuming a fair amount of my ESBs, they're mighty tasty!

:mug:

I'll be drinking my first brew while waiting for my second to be ready for bottling!:tank:

Tommy

Probably no brewing. My IPA is about done in the primary. I'll probably transfer it over on Sunday and start the 2.5 oz dry hop! I think I'll do the blonde ale next weekend. That will be the fourth and final keg. :mug:

Nothin this weekend. however....my brothers and I are going to polish off my fat tire clone. yep...5 gallons out of the new kegerator. swmbo allready lined up a sitter for the kids.

needless to say, i wont be allowed in bed with her all weekend, unless i can find her a gas mask

finally have time to brew cheesefoods caramel cream ale in my 60 litre pot:rockin:
no more boilovers for me:ban:

I never could decide which bitter recipe to follow, so this Monday I'm brewing two batches: the Palace Bitter, and the Wise Ass Red Bitter.

I, too, am itching to brew after being on vacation. I also have a new keg setup that I'm dying to try!

Racking a hopped up imperial IPA to secondary on Sunday (dry hopping with 2 ozs of Kent Goldings). And brewing a new recipe for me, "Columbus on the Horizon IPA" that will go on top of the English ale yeast cake from the imperial IPA. Should be a volcanic ferment!

Maybe my IPA if I can reuse some yeast. Wyeast packet came in the mail cooked to death. And I even got the icepack...

As a matter of fact, I just put a Riverwest Clone Lager in the primary today! I've been lazy though... this is my first batch since February... gotta work on that.

As in Riverwest Amber Lager by Lakefront? TASTY!!!

I have a bunch of recipes for their beers...can't wait to go AG because I just have the feeling that my grain steeps + LME won't do them justice.

So what did everyone end up doing?

On Sunday I racked my Wee Heavy to secondary. SWMBO decided today would be a better day to brew the Caramel Cream Ale...ok I won't argue. I ended up doing a mini-mash with 1.5# of 60L and 3oz of Aromatic and the color is awesome. Just about to get to first-boil.

And my intake for the afternoon?

Started with an Anchor Steam, then poured an Optimator and am finishing up a Lakefront Riverwest Stein (Amber Lager) at the moment. Next up is a PA

AND!!!! YES AND!!!!!

SWMBO says, "Honey, why don't we go to Brewmaster's Pub tonight for dinner." She must be running a fever...

I was a busy little brewer this weekend:

"Last Watch" Mead (clover with a hit of buckwheat honey)

and

"Captain's Comfort" Peach Wine.

Eep!

Drink keg of APA...check
Drink remainder of HGA clone...check
Cook 100# hog...check
Watch Deliverance during aforementioned cooking...check
Drink another keg of APA...check
Finish other keg of HGA clone...check
Clean up and recuperate for work...in progress

(I had help with all of the above except the last item)

I brewed a HW this afternoon, and bottled a HW and an American Ale.:D :mug:
The HW is purring away nicely...starters are our friends...:rockin:

I also got some yard work done (placing edging in the ground, transferring dirt to where I need it most - I have a new retaining wall that still needs more dirt to fill it up, laying landscape fabric, etc.) and picked up 25 bags of mulch...still need another 35-40...:(

My PRA went off without a hitch on Sunday with a 4 hr 30 min AG session!:rockin:

My Co2 cylinder should be on my doorstep when I get home today.:ban: Gonna get that filled and keg up that Munich Dunkel:tank:

Homebrewing ROCKS:rockin:

Did an IPA on Sunday. Went to check on it this AM before leaving and the airlock was whistling away, had to change it out as it had a minor blow off, just enoughto empty the airlock.

Exo, you are a lucky man!!! But watch out... she might be angling for a favor!

As for the Riverwest Lager, not sure if it's an amber or not. It was a featured recipe in the Homebrew Depot Newsletter out of Tosa, and it just said "Riverwest Clone Lager." It's pretty dark in the primary right now, but it's early... the color could mellow out a bit before it's all said and done.

homebrewer_99 said:
I also got some yard work done (placing edging in the ground, transferring dirt to where I need it most - I have a new retaining wall that still needs more dirt to fill it up, laying landscape fabric, etc.) and picked up 25 bags of mulch...still need another 35-40...:(

Can't you get it delivered in bulk? Usually about half the cost around me to have them deliver a couple yards versus buying the same amount at the Depot.

I spent all day Satuday trying to finish my deck (adding a second level that will ultimately be brew-central). Re-doing all the railings as well, that's 90% done, just have a little more to go and some decking to lay down. Mocha porter went pretty smooth, although next time I add coffee grounds to a brew they *will* be contained in a grain bag or something similar. Ferment happened a bit quicker than I expected, temps were a bit warmer than I would have liked and I didn't think to use a wet towel or anything to keep things cool. There are enough strong flavors in this brew, however, where I'm not too worried about off notes from the too-warm fermentation to be noticable.

DaddyB said:
Exo, you are a lucky man!!! But watch out... she might be angling for a favor!

As for the Riverwest Lager, not sure if it's an amber or not. It was a featured recipe in the Homebrew Depot Newsletter out of Tosa, and it just said "Riverwest Clone Lager." It's pretty dark in the primary right now, but it's early... the color could mellow out a bit before it's all said and done.

Yup, same stuff. It's a decent beer. A little heavy, but I love drinking it in the fall. Yes, it's a moderately dark beer...

What did the recipe look like?

I brewed a batch for my wife yesterday. It's her annual birthday beer. This year she chose a Helles. So this batch is named, "Helles hath no fury like a Kim scorned!" She's already designed and printed the labels, and she'll be hooking me up with some digital files so you can see her creation soon. Needless to say... its quite an entertaining label. :ban:

Exo said:
Yup, same stuff. It's a decent beer. A little heavy, but I love drinking it in the fall. Yes, it's a moderately dark beer...

What did the recipe look like?

Here's what they gave me:

3/4 lb. 40L Crystal
1/8 lb. Roasted
6.6 lbs. light LME
1-1/2 oz. Mt. Hood hops (split 1 oz., 1/2 oz.)
1 oz. Cascade hops (split 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/4 oz.)
1 tsp. Irish moss
Wyeast #2308 Munich (sold out, substituted #2206 Bavarian)

Back