Lazy Man's Fermentation Chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igliashon

Reaction score
I'm lazy and I don't like to build things (especially because I live in an apartment and don't have access to anything resembling a workshop), and while the ambient temp in my apartment is usually perfect for ale brewing (68-74°F, gotta love living in the SF Bay Area), I would like some way to ferment at more consistent temperatures. Cost is not a huge factor, though I'd like to not spend more money than necessary, but space is a pretty big factor--I don't have room for a second full-size fridge. Are there any options out there that don't involve building something from scratch?

A very small chest freezer, could be small enough for one carboy, with a johnson temperature controller.

Sweet, sounds like it should do the trick! I'll bet I can find the freezer on craigslist, and the Johnson is cheap enough on Amazon. Thanks, guys!

Back