What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0333.jpeg

2 Docs Red Rye with Grains of Paradise, a nice cigar and UFC301 preliminaries.

Carb/lagering check.
HB Cream Ale, fermented with CS German lager yeast. Not fully carb’d yet, only been a few days using the “set it and forget it” method. Tastes good already, light and refreshing. When I take a sip and close my eyes I can almost hear a lawnmower running in the distance.

IMG_3983.jpg

Well it’s been several months since my DecemberFest Lager and IPA Fests, which took a toll on the old BeerMeister. Doctor said “Lose the Dad Bod”. I think those high ABV IPA’s really did a number on me.

So, here I am, BeerMeister2.0 back in the saddle, 42 lbs lighter. I did it “old school” by cutting back on calories and shutting off the beer tap. No Ozempic or Golo here! Well, actually I switched over to non-alcohol beers, I’m in the habit of drinking SOMETHING in the evenings, and it wasn’t that hard for me to switch – as long as I had something cold to sip on each night.

I’m still going to keep the diet going for a while, so only the occasional regulation-strength beer. Maybe I’ll review a few of those and a few of these diet beers as they come up.

To give you an idea of what 42 lbs feels like, 42 lbs is 672 ounces. A can of beer is 13 ounces, that equals about 51.69 cans of beer weight - Hey, Hey! - that’s about the amount in a typical 5 gallon batch of beer! Imagine packing a 5-gallon keg full of brew around your middle 24/7!!!!

So how does Budweiser Zero taste? I’ll tell ya, I’ve been trying all the NA (Non-Alcohol) brews available, and I’m finding this Bud Zero my go-to diet beer. You have to sort of rate these in their own category, they aren’t obviously going to stack up against a full-strength beer. Not bad for what it is – a 50 calorie, no alcohol beer. How these guys pull it off is beyond me. Prost!

IMG_7484.jpeg

I have yet to try this. A store I was in earlier today had the tall cans (19.2oz) in the cooler. Probably should have grabbed a couple.
I would recommend giving it a go. I think there's some artificial flavoring but a Mind Haze 12pk variety for $18 is great for me. The 8%er version is the best IMHO.

Seems like the perfect day to try. Love the 12.5% BA action here.

PXL_20240505_232831565.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
Well it’s been several months since my DecemberFest Lager and IPA Fests, which took a toll on the old BeerMeister. Doctor said “Lose the Dad Bod”. I think those high ABV IPA’s really did a number on me.

So, here I am, BeerMeister2.0 back in the saddle, 42 lbs lighter. I did it “old school” by cutting back on calories and shutting off the beer tap. No Ozempic or Golo here! Well, actually I switched over to non-alcohol beers, I’m in the habit of drinking SOMETHING in the evenings, and it wasn’t that hard for me to switch – as long as I had something cold to sip on each night.

I’m still going to keep the diet going for a while, so only the occasional regulation-strength beer. Maybe I’ll review a few of those and a few of these diet beers as they come up.

To give you an idea of what 42 lbs feels like, 42 lbs is 672 ounces. A can of beer is 13 ounces, that equals about 51.69 cans of beer weight - Hey, Hey! - that’s about the amount in a typical 5 gallon batch of beer! Imagine packing a 5-gallon keg full of brew around your middle 24/7!!!!

So how does Budweiser Zero taste? I’ll tell ya, I’ve been trying all the NA (Non-Alcohol) brews available, and I’m finding this Bud Zero my go-to diet beer. You have to sort of rate these in their own category, they aren’t obviously going to stack up against a full-strength beer. Not bad for what it is – a 50 calorie, no alcohol beer. How these guys pull it off is beyond me. Prost!

View attachment 848035
I lost about 60lbs a couple years back going on Healthy Keto. No doubt felt better and clear headed. 🍻 To the new journey!

My brother tasted my Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone I intend to serve to guests at my son’s graduation party next weekend and he said he likes it. “Tastes good, I’ll drink it” he says.
It’s still a little hazy so it’ll be served in red solo cups and nobody will know any better. The Pilsner I have ready is clear as a bell and tastes great, as well as the Hefeweizen (not clear, but not supposed to be). Should be a good time :drunk:
30 bottles of raspberry hard lemonade will be available for the non beer drinkers.
Meanwhile… finishing up my research six pack.
IMG_2052.jpeg

My brother tasted my Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone I intend to serve to guests at my son’s graduation party next weekend and he said he likes it. “Tastes good, I’ll drink it” he says.
It’s still a little hazy so it’ll be served in red solo cups and nobody will know any better. The Pilsner I have ready is clear as a bell and tastes great, as well as the Hefeweizen (not clear, but not supposed to be). Should be a good time :drunk:
30 bottles of raspberry hard lemonade will be available for the non beer drinkers.
Meanwhile… finishing up my research six pack.
View attachment 848055
I miss not having all the youngsters around to brew the Raspberry HL. Maybe for myself in the summer...if the clouds ever go away.

OT, more Summer 12.5% BBaBW. So good...and flying into San Francisco, what could go wrong?

17149576411785134136179489400728.jpg

Back