Dumb quick question about my hefe I just made!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_the_greek

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm pushing the limits of brewing/drinking speed here! Partly due to costs/time/awful planning skills/not knowing what I wanted. I brewed up an B.B. English Brown a few weeks ago and am having a get together in a little over a week. I'm hoping to pull the brown out of secondary at a little over a month, cool as fast as possible, and shake some CO2 into it! It's gonna be a little green, but eh whatever. NEXT! I made a hefeweizen on Saturday. It will be one week old come this weekend, and two weeks come the weekend of my get together. I'd like to have it on tap come that time. I didn't plan on making it, but then saw others claim to have been drinking theirs in two weeks and thought "eh what the &^#$". It was a simple 6lbs Bavarian Wheat DME, 1oz Hallertau and some German Hefeweizen yeast I had frozen from WAAAY back. Fermentation's been going great, but I'm not sure if it will be ready in time. I know these wheat's finish quick but is it possible that it'll be ready to carb in 12 days and then fully carb up come the 14th day (I'll be shaking it as I don't have enough room to do this the proper way in a fridge with the co2).

Opinions on the brew (and not my stupidity for wanting my beer so quick :( ) and your experiences on the subject are greatly appreciated

You're in luck. If it's fermenting now then you can have it ready in 2 weeks.

After it hits the FG in the primary I would recommend moving it to a secondary and placing it in a cool/cold place overnight to cold crash it.

This allows more yeast to fall out and make the brew taste cleaner.

When kegging you can always add a little of the yeast back into the keg during racking to keep it cloudy. ;)

Back