Flakes in main Fermenter??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rksupreme

Reaction score
Looked around site didnt quite find an answer, im a little over a week in main and it's fairly clear but there are fairly large (looks like flakes )in the fermenter floating up and down slowly what are these never seen them before??:confused:

Most likely yeast, especially if the that bad boy is still fermenting. Post a pic if you want. Might help.

Ya should be yeast. while fermenting its like a snow globe effect in there. once it is done it will al settle on the bottom.

I'm not sure what they are, but I brewed a witbier that had some type of flakes suspended in the top inch or so of liquid. I racked from under that and left a little more than normal behind when I bottled, but it all turned out good. Mine looked like the stuff that was stuck to the inside of the bucket above the beer level.

ok Thanks , i just wasnt sure done a few batches never seen anything like it looked like frosted flakes lol, ill see if i can get a photo on here

Ive had the same thing, I think its just yeast. When it happens to me, I'll see them like shoot up to the top really quickly, and then a few minutes later slowly sink to the bottom.

Latest posts

Back