Brett tolerance to high ferm temps? (+90F)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00ps

Reaction score
I'm doing a brett saison for SWMBO (go figure she barely drinks beer when I first meet her, I turn her onto it and she likes some of the most expensive and hard to brew types)

Ill be co-pitching my brett blend with 2 of my favorite saison blends about a 1:1:1 ratio. Normally for my saisons, I let it free rise while insulated by a heavy winter jacket for 24hrs then crank it straight up the the mid 90s. This has worked great for a bright saison yeast character but Im not sure how brett will tolerate this. I know brett does well in the high 70s, low 80s, but can it tolerate the same temps are saison yeasts?

well update: I ran this brett saison up to 95 after about 36hrs of fermentation and no off flavors. Much more brett character after 3 weeks than I couldve imagined. Now I added a house sour culture I started and its sitting at room temps

Back