adding hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Got a recipe from my LHBS I added the DME, and the hops. After looking at my directions I misread it and I was supposed to add the DME then bring to boil then add the adds is this a problem and now I just looked at my hops bag and I made a mistake I added the flavor hops instead of the bittering hops damnit hellp what do I do.

what are your bittering/flavor hops (type & quantity)? You could possibly add some more during the boil for the flavoring, but also leaving some for the aroma. This definitely won't be where your recipe was steering you, but at least you can salvage it to something possibly worth something.

the bittering hops are tettnang 1oz. flavoring hops czech saaz 1oz. I called my LHBS and the guy i talked to told me that I can just switch them and hopefully it should come out ok. He said that they arent high acid hops so it might be ok

that sounds good, especially since there's only 1oz of each. As most likely what your guys at the LHBS said, it won't be identical, but at least it will be ok. Keep us updated on how you thinks it's going.

Those two hops are similar enough that your beer will turn out fine. About the only possible problem is some Saaz are very low AA%. If yours' was around 3-4%, no problem.

Back