Sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
A friend of mine has asked me to set up a small kegerator for him with keeping things cheap in mind. I suggested a Sanyo 4912. Anyone with one of these know if you can put a 1/4 bbl keg in it? I'm assuming a 1/2 bbl keg won't fit...or will it?

What's the best place to find these, Craigslist? Any other tips?

Thanks. :mug:

No way on the 1/2 barrel. ¼ barrel…I’m not sure. Two cornies (9” in diameter) can fit very snuggly side-by-side with about 4-5 inches of clearance front to back.

You can get new 4912’s at BestBuy for as low as $149.

Thanks. He doesn't homebrew (yet) so he'd probably be looking at 1/4 bbl kegs or 5-gallon pub kegs. Just need to get him brewing so he'd have the cornies in there. :rockin:

[You can get new 4912’s at BestBuy for as low as $149.

What BestBuy can you get a 4912 for 149 ?? iam in phoenix and the best ive seen is $200+ maybe 190 on sale before tax. if anyone in the phoenix/tempe area knows where i can get it cheap let me know.

Also you might check with his beer store. Some places can get five gallon kegs. I know out here @ in texas my beer store can get em. I know they fit in my chest freezer.

Bigpete9000 said:
What BestBuy can you get a 4912 for 149 ?? iam in phoenix and the best ive seen is $200+ maybe 190 on sale before tax. if anyone in the phoenix/tempe area knows where i can get it cheap let me know.

Check the costco website. BestBuy matched their price of $129 for me when i printed out the price from there.

Back