SSR and BCC embedded controller wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I preparation for building my new bigger badder rig, I decided to go with the BCC-460, just because...

But I'm no engineer and am not an electrician, so I'm wondering if I can get a little help from people who might be in the know, with these sorts of things.

I have 4 Crydom single phase D2425 24-280VAC output 3~32V Input. and I can't find a wiring diagram on line.

my questions are:

1) On the output side of the SSR, Terminals 1 and 2 interrupt the load line?

2) What gage wire should I be using for the 5 volt discrete outputs from the BCC to the SSR?

3) The Input to the SSR from the BCC will go from the BCC discrete out put to terminal 3 of the SSR and out terminal 4 back to the BCC?

4) If 3 is correct, then I should be able to interrupt the discrete out put with a float switch?

Does this make any sense?

1. Hot or load never neutral
2. I used a twisted pair from a network cable, one wire of that size would be sufficient
3. One side of the 5v goes to out and the other side to ground on BCS
4. Don't know about the power requirements of float switches but will be interested to learn.

Keep in mind that I have wired mine 99% of the way but have not powered it up yet. If I don't post next week it means I blew myself up. LOL

Several diagrams have been posted in the BCS forum.

1. Hot or load never neutral
2. I used a twisted pair from a network cable, one wire of that size would be sufficient
3. One side of the 5v goes to out and the other side to ground on BCS
4. Don't know about the power requirements of float switches but will be interested to learn.

Keep in mind that I have wired mine 99% of the way but have not powered it up yet. If I don't post next week it means I blew myself up. LOL

Several diagrams have been posted in the BCS forum.

Thanks, I'll have to go through the BCS Forum a little more, but I think I've got it.

The float switch I have is a Gem that is rated to 120v, so I think i can use it as an interupt between the BCS and and the SSR controlling my heating element, so it can't turn on with out water in the heat exchanger. I think I paid about $5 for it.

Back