What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half hard tea half Skeeter Pee. Pretty happy with the FF results for tonights game

ForumRunner_20130927_001630.jpg

Was about to take the night off but I got my promotion today!. Woohoo! Time to celebrate after playing some fallout 3
View attachment 150506

Congrats!

I see you escaped that evil bar with the 2-4-1 special :D How are you feeling this morning?

Posted in the Trade Pics and Swap a Rama threads.

I'd post it here but it might be perceived by some as off topic. :eek:. :ban:

Still working on that Savant. :mug:

You're right, we strictly adhere to staying on topic in this thread. ;)

Having coffee and water...something did not settle well for me last night and I ended up falling asleep on the chair. Main downside is I didn't get to TH last night for the FarmHands retirement/SaisonHands release or to fill growlers. I guess I'll have to do that on Sunday now.

mcbaumannerb said:
Having coffee and water...something did not settle well for me last night and I ended up falling asleep on the chair. Main downside is I didn't get to TH last night for the FarmHands retirement/SaisonHands release or to fill growlers. I guess I'll have to do that on Sunday now.

You know you're getting old when you oversleep taking a nap so you can go out. I can sympathize, I've done that a few times.

Usual am beverage trip here, tea, water, emergenC. Don't know if it was the brownie or the mad elf that gave me nightmares last night, but I don't think I'll have either before bed again to be safe!

TNGabe said:
You know you're getting old when you oversleep taking a nap so you can go out. I can sympathize, I've done that a few times.

Usual am beverage trip here, tea, water, emergenC. Don't know if it was the brownie or the mad elf that gave me nightmares last night, but I don't think I'll have either before bed again to be safe!

You mean a "special" brownie?

On the coff. Ready to head home for the weekend. So, so ready.

You mean a "special" brownie?

On the coff. Ready to head home for the weekend. So, so ready.

Only thing special about it was the frosting and glaze. I don't eat desserts, mostly because I don't have much of a sweet tooth and get plenty of empty calories from all the beer I drink, but I'll add horrible dreams to the list. Still coulda been the Mad Elf. From the name and the label, that's a possibility.

Glad you're getting out of the apartment and headed home for the weekend! Do you have to go back Monday? How long is the project going to last?

TNGabe said:
Only thing special about it was the frosting and glaze. I don't eat desserts, mostly because I don't have much of a sweet tooth and get plenty of empty calories from all the beer I drink, but I'll add horrible dreams to the list. Still coulda been the Mad Elf. From the name and the label, that's a possibility.

Glad you're getting out of the apartment and headed home for the weekend! Do you have to go back Monday? How long is the project going to last?

Gabe, don't fear the Mad Elf!! He is our friend!! :-D

Yeah. We're all flying home for the weekend to recharge the batteries, as it were. I was given the option to not come back, but in an attempt to not share how crazy I am and how my twisted brain works, I agreed to come back. (Major reason, no distractions here) My wife was less than pleased. But this was originally slated to be a two month project. I'm taking it two weeks at a time right now.

Edit: More coffee. Wouldn't want to get off topic here in this thread where we are always on topic! ;)

Iced tea, headed to work.
Just finished catching up on all the pages of posts I missed from yesterday. I've been busy with what has turned into a big mess over here In the aftermath of the overflowing washing machine. The condensed version of the story is the water damage was more extensive than I'd hoped and turning it into my insurance isn't an option. So all my free time for the next couple weeks will probably be used to get this whole thing fixed and life back to normal. So if you don't see me posting, that's why. This might be the perfect time for someone to unseat the top poster in this thread. ;)

Just finished catching up on all the pages of posts I missed from yesterday. I've been busy with what has turned into a big mess over here In the aftermath of the overflowing washing machine. The condensed version of the story is the water damage was more extensive than I'd hoped and turning it into my insurance isn't an option. So all my free time for the next couple weeks will probably be used to get this whole thing fixed and life back to normal. So if you don't see me posting, that's why. This might be the perfect time for someone to unseat the top poster in this thread. ;)

That totally sucks monkey balls Wes!! Why can't you turn this into insurance? I thought that's what it was for? Anyway, good luck with the "remodel"!

Looks like you might loose your crown as the top poster. Sad really but its time to step down lol. Your still going to the Southern Star's Oktoberfest tomorrow right?

tyzippers said:
That totally sucks monkey balls Wes!! Why can't you turn this into insurance? I thought that's what it was for? Anyway, good luck with the "remodel"!

Well, sadly the reason we buy insurance and the reason companies sell insurance are two different things. We buy insurance to cover our ass, companies sell insurance to make money off our ass by paying out as little as they possibly can. When I started pulling back the flooring and baseboard in the bathroom I found some areas that look like they've been getting wet for a long time. If they came out and saw that, I'm sure they wouldn't pay for fixing those areas, only the damage from the washing machine which is now the least of the damage. Secondly, they raised our deductible about a year ago without us realizing it, so now it's going to be cheaper to just fix everything myself than to pay the deductible. It's kind of a crappy situation, but after I get this all fixed, I'm going to go in and have a talk with my agent about the changes that were made to our policy. Not only did they raise the deductible, they even increased the cost of our insurance by $400 a year. Fookin State Farm!

DisturbdChemist said:
Looks like you might loose your crown as the top poster. Sad really but its time to step down lol. Your still going to the Southern Star's Oktoberfest tomorrow right?

Yes, maybe I should step aside and let someone else rule the thread. :D
I will still be at Oktoberfest tomorrow. I'm going to need some fun time with all this other stuff going on.

Well, sadly the reason we buy insurance and the reason companies sell insurance are two different things. We buy insurance to cover our ass, companies sell insurance to make money off our ass by paying out as little as they possibly can. When I started pulling back the flooring and baseboard in the bathroom I found some areas that look like they've been getting wet for a long time. If they came out and saw that, I'm sure they wouldn't pay for fixing those areas, only the damage from the washing machine which is now the least of the damage. Secondly, they raised our deductible about a year ago without us realizing it, so now it's going to be cheaper to just fix everything myself than to pay the deductible. It's kind of a crappy situation, but after I get this all fixed, I'm going to go in and have a talk with my agent about the changes that were made to our policy. Not only did they raise the deductible, they even increased the cost of our insurance by $400 a year. Fookin State Farm!

May I suggest a one way trade where in I just send you a tub of lube to help ease some of that pain? Damn! I hate insurance companies. Now I hate em even more!

Drinking water. What AHBS all grain kit should I buy guys?! I have the tank 7 kit sitting in my cart but I cant pull the trigger yet as there are no reviews on this kit. any really good kits from them I should consider?

finsfan said:
Drinking water. What AHBS all grain kit should I buy guys?! I have the tank 7 kit sitting in my cart but I cant pull the trigger yet as there are no reviews on this kit. any really good kits from them I should consider?

Wish I could help you out, but I've only ordered one kit ever. And that was only because the recipe sounded really interesting and they were offering free shipping. It was the the Sour Ginger Peach Ale from AHS. It's still awaiting bottling, so I can't comment on how it turned out yet.

tyzippers said:
May I suggest a one way trade where in I just send you a tub of lube to help ease some of that pain? Damn! I hate insurance companies. Now I hate em even more!

I'll PM you my address. :p

Having a V8 with my philly wrap for lunch. It's as nasty as I remember from my childhood. I have no idea why I picked this over all of those sodas and energy drinks. I could chug it and get it over with, but I have a feeling I'll be burping up V8 all afternoon.

Ugh. Just chugged half of it and now I have the involuntary shudders and I'm focusing on not vomiting.

Steady now...

Homercidal said:
Having a V8 with my philly wrap for lunch. It's as nasty as I remember from my childhood. I have no idea why I picked this over all of those sodas and energy drinks. I could chug it and get it over with, but I have a feeling I'll be burping up V8 all afternoon.

Ugh. Just chugged half of it and now I have the involuntary shudders and I'm focusing on not vomiting.

Steady now...

I could list atleast 100 things I'd rather drink than V8. And some of them aren't even meant for human consumption. ;)

Drinking water with lunch.

I suggest the "Go all grain and write a recipe kit" :rockin: Ive always felt kits were for suckers and lazy people. Not that Im calling you lazy.
Oh and having Earl Grey tea

I suggest the "Go all grain and write a recipe kit" :rockin: Ive always felt kits were for suckers and lazy people. Not that Im calling you lazy.
Oh and having Earl Grey tea

haha Ive got 3 AG recipes at home already, Yoopers hoppy amber, Irish red ale and a nut brown. The reason I ask if because I was going to order a vacuum sealer off ebay today, but then thought I could just get more beer instead since I wont be buying bulk hops for awhile. Then I saw the tank 7 kit and thought I should probably get it haha maybe ill save my $40 and spend it at the new LHBS that is opening on tuesday!

I was runnin between here & cleveland till late lunch time. Took till then for a light snack & some coffee at all. On my 2nd cup now,stomach feels like 5 miles of bad road.:drunk:

Had some local Sauv Blanc from my wife's bach party with lunch. Love working from home on Fridays. Sadly the next month or so will be M-F travel schedule instead of the normal M-Th.

Latest posts

Back