What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gose, waiting for a ride over to Carton brewing,

IMG_3903.jpg

Friend is going to Atlanta for work next week and is wondering what breweries and beers to look out for.... Any suggestions?

The 2 big local breweries are Sweetwater and Terrapin (is in Athens). Lots of other smaller ones popping up: Monday Night, Red Brick, Red Hare, Jailhouse, Burnt Hickory, Jeckyl, etc. GA laws don't allow you to buy beer at the breweries, so he is probably better off hitting a bar or a store. The 2 best bars are Brick Store Pub and Porter Beer Bar. They are both consistently on the "top craft beer bars" polls. Lots of great stuff on tap and they both have cellar/vintage beer menus also. Both have good food also.

Taco Mac is big here, there are probably 25 in the ATL area. It's basically a Buffalo Wild Wings with a lot of craft beer. Most have 90-100 on tap (my local one has 110).

For beer stores Hop City, Greens, and Tower are all good.

Another bomber of my cream ale. 7 bombers of home brew deep today. Bring it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406493130.363241.jpg

Since it was nice and ballooned, I tapped the first "cask" of my Pale Mild. I should have started using polypins sooner...

Great to hear this worked out for ya!:rockin: I'm gonna look into trying this. So, I'll probably PM you soon.

on topic: water, while thinking about which beer to enjoy.

Since it was nice and ballooned, I tapped the first "cask" of my Pale Mild. I should have started using polypins sooner...

Sweet. Gravity fed, I assume? Wonder how quickly you will need to consume. How reusable, and how much?

Belgian collab from RR. Apple juice and sweet. On the blech side of meh.

1406495578444.jpg

Golden road hef while brewing up my first sour (not counting a Berliner).

The hef wasn't carbonated (QC issues!) but luckily I'm a huge fan of cask beers, so still tastes great

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406495923.019446.jpg

Sweet. Gravity fed, I assume? Wonder how quickly you will need to consume. How reusable, and how much?

Belgian collab from RR. Apple juice and sweet. On the blech side of meh.

Yes. Gravity fed. I filled 5x 1 gallon pins. I go for 5 in the fermenter and usually hit 5.1-5.2 or so, so actually bottled about 4.7 gallons leaving just a bit of headspace in each pin, primed to 1.2 volumes.

I'm assuming the pins are reusable. I plan on rinsing after use and then cleaning/sanitizing and reusing em. I got em from http://www.usplastic.com/, the "cubitainer" box and insert is a little more than it should be, but the inserts (the actual polypin) is only a couple bucks, and the spigot also only a couple bucks. I ordered 10 inserts, 5 boxes, and 10 spigots for about $70 including shipping.

I'm on my third pint already. I'm not worried about shelf life once tapped, since at this rate it'll be gone by tomorrow. My concern is the shelf life of the other pins that haven't been tapped yet.

20140727_174320[1].jpg

20140727_174352[1].jpg

Busy afternoon in the brewery. Racked my lambeec on some Montmorency cherries,
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406498389.105380.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406498402.428952.jpg

Split my saison into three 1 gallon batches with two pounds of mango, kiwi and pomegranate respectively. Then added Cantillon Brett to the remaining 3 gallons (thanks for the yeast Joe!)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406498496.167239.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406498517.432975.jpg

Now having this while I grill some burgers
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406498548.250237.jpg

Life is good! :mug:

Second pour of my 8th bomber of home brew. Smacked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406499046.929261.jpg

Latest posts

Back