3 new beers in the fidge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Not an actual picture from me, but I picked these three up last night:
3_new.jpg

The Stone Barley Wine was a PLEASANT surprise last night. Not normally a BW type of guy.

:mug:

Come and try! If you can get by me two attack pugs it's yours.
Apparently there was another release in the last few days. If you have a good bottle shop near by (no clue where Silverdale is) they may have some.

Kicking myself for only getting 1 bottle of each though.

I just had a bottle of the Stone Barley Wine. I had only had one Barley wine prior and i did not like the Stone. I did not think it had much flavor. Tasted like straight alcohol. What was the temp when you drank it. Mine was fairly warm.

how much you pay for the stone barley wine??

a place in town has it for 6.99 a 22oz. I just cant do it.

I got two of them them for $5 and change each here in CA. I now have three years of the Stone Old Guardian in my spare fridge. I might pick up another bottle or two to drink in the recent future and keep the rest in the stash.

That barley wine is excellent. My g/f is a fiend for it..lol I picked up one case, tossed 6 aside to age, and went through the other 6 real quick. She made sure that we went down to pick up another case just for her..lol

I'm still waiting for the Abyss to come in here so I can grab my half-case of it. Been taking forever for them to receive any.

What is the Abyss? It sounds great from everyone's reactions. I am somewhat new to hardcore Beer sampling. I definitely have enough micro brews under my belt, but lack the commercial knowledge of little treasures. What are considered some the "Holy Grails", if you will, of commercial beers domestic and import.

IrregularPulse said:
What is the Abyss? It sounds great from everyone's reactions. I am somewhat new to hardcore Beer sampling. I definitely have enough micro brews under my belt, but lack the commercial knowledge of little treasures. What are considered some the "Holy Grails", if you will, of commercial beers domestic and import.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/Brews/Reserve+Series/default.aspx

Back