Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WORT-CHILLER-DESIGN-PEAK-EFFICIENCY-/110841991716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ceb29224#ht_1231wt_1270

$(KGrHqNHJFYE916((ciPBPluLWZrlw~~60_14.JPG

Interesting idea, however I don't see the advantage over taking my current chiller and giving the wort a swirl to even out any variances. Pretty much all a matter of surface area and the amount of difference between the water temp and the wort temp.

I wondered why all the ICs were just coiled, but figured because they're easier to make. This is the only one I've seen that's not coiled.
I may get it, just out of curiosity. And because I don't have a wort chiller :)

I saw that one.

No reason it wouldn't work, but this guy made a jig with 8 vertical tubes to get that pattern. Seems like a lot of work.

About 30 seconds after seeing it i started considering wrapping 50 feet 5/16 copper over a 4" plastic pipe, and then partially unwinding individual loops and lacing things up with copper wire for sort of a helically wound flower sort of arrangement. Like a flame arrestor in the crankcase breather of an old engine.

Back