CO2 Refills in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this true? Would a vendor that deals with Fire (like Adam's Fire in Rockaway NJ) or paintball place (like Paintball Depot in Oxford, NJ) also have the same issue? Thanks.
This is not true. It's probably a mix-up with the small CO2 tanks for pellet guns and such. Those can have oil in them.

Seems rather unlikely that anyone would source CO2 known to be contaminated with anything never mind actual oil unless it was destined for machine application...like airsoft guns I guess...

Cheers!

Assuming it didn't catch the user on fire first :oops:

I'd have to look at my MIG manual to see if there's a metal that prefers straight CO2. I run a 75/25 Argon/CO2 mix for the mild steel work that amounts to 90% of my avocational welding, and straight Argon for the aluminum stuff that's most of the rest. It'd be unforgivable to contaminate any welding gas with oil - think of all the user tanks and gear that'd be effed up. Sheesh...

Back