Nuwave PIC for Partial Mashing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishredthecello

Reaction score
So saw a commercial for this. What does anyone think of using this for Partial Mashing?

Get a 3 Gallon Stainless Steel Pot, set to 153 degrees, let it sit for an hour. Anyone think this would work?

It says that it can hold upto 50lbs.

:confused:

I actually have one of these that I got for Christmas! It works really well for cooking, it heats fast and spills won't burn onto the cooking surface because it heats the pot and not the cooktop. The cooking surface is "pretty big", enough for a good sized pot. I haven't stuck a thermometer in a pot of water yet to see whether it actually holds the temperature set on the controls, but that's on my todo list.

I have a nice igloo cooler mash tun that holds temp without heat, but I am planning to give the induction cooker a shot for heating strike and sparge water, I figure it'll save me some gas and be easier to hit target temps than with my propane cooker.

FYI you can only adjust the temperature by 10 degree increments even though some of the presets are like 375 or 425, so 153 is probably out of the question (but you could get close enough).

Ah, good to know you can only adjust in 10degree increments. Does it even go down to 150?

Back