Amazon one click is dangerous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
Oh Amazon was very very wise when they came up with and patented their one click purchase button many many years back. That button is dangerous when enough homebrew has been consumed. One simple click and the order is on its way to you.

The majority of other sites you wade through at least four steps for your address, payment method, etc. Every one of those steps being the opportunity it say 'eh I really don't need that' and stand down.

Oh man I've had stuff show up and wondered who the heck ordered that? And I look back and hm, strange, it was me, I did order that, ok well it must've made sense at the time I guess ...

I got smart, when my credit card that was attached to one click got stolen I never updated to the new card number. I still do one click but now I have to tell it which card to use and that normally keeps me from doing anything crazy like buy a mill.

OH man that onion article is hilarious. Yes my main credit card shows unknown charges roughly every six months; they always call me when the detect it and send me a new card. Not sure how it keeps happening, must be some vendor I frequent I imagine.

Oh man I just ordered a 10 pack of DVD's of the movie Cop and a Half, early Christmas presents!

I got snookered into being a prime member. I was going to cancel it after a purchase but then I figured out that I get free movies and tv shows. Also free 2nd day shipping. The last few things I bought have been from amazon not ebay. As long as I dont buzz buy I should be ok. ;)

Back