What's your user name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muels

Reaction score
I seen a post by 'busknuckle' and I thought "what the hell does that mean"!!! I see a lot of creative user names, what do they all mean? Some people seem to put some real thought in them, some are like me!

Soooooo... What do your use names mean?

Mine is just the family nickname. Mueller = Muels

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well, since pop & I were auto workers in the same local union, & we were both hotrodders, I came up with unionrdr, or "union rodder".

<sigh> I developed my moniker long time ago when I first started gardening. Basically it stood for _O_rganic _G_ardener _in ME_ (Maine). Later, we moved and started raising dairy goats. It quickly switched to Old Goat....

Now I brew, along with the gardening, and the goats, so depending upon the forum: Old Goat, Original Gravity, (I refuse to use Organic gardener now that the government has ruined the connotation of the term.

Of course, along the way (between the goats and the brewing), we moved down to New Hampshire, but I haven't a good way to work that in. And I'm also too fond of the appellation at this point to change.

Well, since pop & I were auto workers in the same local union, & we were both hotrodders, I came up with unionrdr, or "union rodder".

Perfect example! Every time I read your moniker I thought "union rider". My assumption was you were from the north (US) and rode motor cycles! Lol

I like cheese.

I used this name on a different forum I used to frequent a few years back and just stuck with it. Ironically, my inspiration for the name was a reporter on an old episode of South Park who had the name "Creamy Goodness".

Perfect example! Every time I read your moniker I thought "union rider". My assumption was you were from the north (US) and rode motor cycles! Lol

I still get the union rider thing now & then on a couple forums. It was never meant as any sort of slur to southerners. I used to ride dirt bikes, but can't swing my leg that high anymore. I'm just an old UAW member that likes cars & brews beer!

Vandulus is a pseudo-Latinized version of vandal I came up with in high school for a character name. I have been using the handle for 25+ years. It's rather unique and usually available.

I am addicted to traditional/primitive archery. I shoot longbows and recurves, and also make selfbows. I make my own arrows and strings as well. It was my only vice before I started brewing. :mug:
Bob

I played First Person Shooters back in the day (Remember setting up our first LAN party with 2 computers and a Null Modem cable between them and finally getting DOOM to load!)

Anyway, one of our favorite games was Duke Nukem 3D. This game had the ability to trigger WAV files across the LAN so you could play small sound files on all of the machines simply by using an F Key. It was called Remote Ridicule and it was awesome.

You could download sound file packs or make your own. We had all loaded up the Simpsons.RTS sound pack and were playing that. My wife would sometimes call me Homie and we had a couple of Homer Simpson sounds in use.

I thought of the term "Homicidal Maniac" for a user name, but then thought, "HOMERcidal Maniac" would fit better!

That was too long, so I shortened it to "Homercidal".

When my son was old enough to play video games (5 yrs old?) like Halo, BF2, and age of empires; I had to learn the games also to be able to play with him and his friends. I already had a managed network in my home, so I had the games networked between computers so we could play each other offline since they were too young to be online. Once we went online I needed an online alias which started out as kcmplex, and eventually evolved to the nerdy Plex Vector. Those were the good ole days--now I don't have the hand-eye coordination or quickness to play anymore, nor the time. Now the, what we call the computer room that held at least 3 to 4 computers, has the one last gaming computer I built about 5 years ago and just does office work. (heavy sigh...)

I thought it was Union Reader since I saw a couple references about writing books. :fro:

I live in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, one of the most beautiful places in the world IMHO and very proud of it. The second part.........well, maybe not so creative but helps me remember my sign in lol

http://www.hellobc.com/thompson-okanagan.aspx

I thought it was Union Reader

Me too! Not sure why, I guess my brain just saw "Union rdr" and went to "Union reader" for some reason.

Mine was because I played a lot of Mortal Kombat back in university, so I used the handle on a lot of forums and IRC (remember those?) channels back in the day. It's usually available, so I stuck with it.

I still get the union rider thing now & then on a couple forums. It was never meant as any sort of slur to southerners. I used to ride dirt bikes, but can't swing my leg that high anymore. I'm just an old UAW member that likes cars & brews beer!

I too thought "Union Rider". But took it only to mean you are proud to be a Union worker.

CrazyBeerDrinker. Nickname given to me by MIL one day while I was in the garage brewing. Being a muslim woman, she could not understand why anyone would want to make the stuff, much less drink it.

I used to make flash cartoons. Marshmallow blue is the long standing main character and leader of the "marshmallow squad". The first 2 got made when I was in 8th or 9th grade. They were awful but I was trying my best. 3, I made in college as a joke over a few late nights. 4-6 were also in college, but I took slightly more time on them and threw in a lot of lazy animation as a way to not take it too seriously.

So, that's my name. Googling "Marshmallow squad newgrounds" or "marshmallow squad 6" should bring you where you want to go (and can likely dig up the others), but don't say I didn't warn you. Also probably not work safe as theres the occasional dick joke, swear, or pigeon pooping on another one mid flight.

When I was in college in the '70s, I did a weekly, 2-hour show on the campus 10-watt FM station. "Max Stout" was my air name. I played lots of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Yes, King Crimson, etc., which appealed to more of a "stoner" audience.

Its funny how a lot of people thought different things about your username. I actually didn't see the first 'r' and thought you were in the medical field and somehow the doctors were unionizing. :drunk:

As for mine, V is my first initial and I am in Maryland.

I played trumpet and was into vampires in the early 2000s. So I combined Vampire Trumpet to Vamptrump, and then just never bothered to come up with something else.

J is for Joe, then Bogan is my nickname given by one of my friends many years ago. He thought he was using some arabic slang word for a dong. One night all my friends were out at a bar and my Australian friend steve was there and indicated Bogan is an Australian slang for white trash...After finding this video I just embraced it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4[/ame]

Its funny how a lot of people thought different things about your username. I actually didn't see the first 'r' and thought you were in the medical field and somehow the doctors were unionizing. :drunk:

As for mine, V is my first initial and I am in Maryland.

Yeah, it's kinda wild how it can mean different things to different folks. I've even had spell checkers try to correct me that it's union dr...like just now...
Stupid spell checker...:drunk:

Back