Green Raisins, anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bknifefight

Reaction score
Having found a DFH Raisin D'Etre recipe, I decided I wanted to make a batch and brew it with some high quality green raisins. I have done several searches online and come up with 1 page where I can order them, but it seems I need to order them in several pound increments for nearly $200. I realize they are imported from Iran and probably good quality, but I would like to try and find a smaller increment as the recipe calls for 6 oz. Has anyone bought green raisins before, and if so, can you point me in the right direction?

Holy crap man! 200 dollars for raisins???? I would buy some quality raisins from your local organic produce store and brew away, my local whole foods store carries green raisins, and golden raisins, as well as the usual dark raisins. I thought that green and golden raisins are dried in the shade, green ones being treated with sulfur to help retain the green color they had before drying. So couldn't you use golden raisins with little difference in finished beer flavor?

You are right about the differences between how the raisins are dried. I suppose I could use golden just the same, but I wanted to try and get something of pretty high quality. The raisins at Walmart just don't scream quality at me haha Next time I am near a better grocery store I will have to look into some raisins.

Latest posts

Back