BB Caps for bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mad Hatter

Reaction score
I have some BB caps that I have been using. I have also been using some very old bottles that were given to me by my dad that were used by my grandfater when he brewed beer. I have a tone of these bottles, probably 300 or so. I also have some used, recently emptied :drunk: twist off top bottles. I also would like to reuse some of these bottles because the others are pint sized, which is OK but I like a bit ov variaty. Can the BB caps be used on twist off bottles or can they only be used on bottles that ane not twist off bottles?

I think you're asking if crown-top (pry-off) caps can be used on screw-off bottles.

The answer is yes*, assuming you have a bench capper (not a wing capper).

* I personally wouldn't use them, but others do successfully. I have plenty of crown-top bottles and have no need to experiment with them sealing properly.

There are plenty of threads on this subject - use search and you can get lots more info on the subject.

You should be fine, I've looked into this and read that you may get 1 or 2 that don't carbonate (have leaks) out of every 100 bottles or so. Other than that you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back