Brand-new Boston-area brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLeah26

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name's Leah, and I'm from just north of Boston, in Reading, MA. My boyfriend bought me a starter kit from the Beer & Wine Hobby Shop in Woburn, MA (anyone else head there for supplies?) for Christmas, and I just started my first brew February 28th. It's a continental light, from a kit he got me with the starter brewing supplies.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself! I'm really excited to finally be brewing and can't wait to chat you all up! I'm always willing to learn and try new things, so if you have some good starter tips for me (I'm heading over to the beginner brewer board now), I'm all ears.

Cheers!

Welcome from Revere.
I have also bought some supplies from Beer & Wine Hobby in Woburn. They were a bit pricey, but so are all the other shops in the area. I'm also new to homebrewing. Just tried my 1st batch last weekend, and it was great. I brewed a Hophead IPA and loved it. The kit was a Christmas gift from my wife that she purchased from Beer & Wine Hobby. It was a "Recipe of the Month" kit and was extract with specialty grains.

Good luck in your homebrewing adventures, and welcome to the obsession.

BTW, if you haven't gotten yourself a stainless steel brewpot, try Ocean State Job Lot. There is one in Danvers (near Ski Market across the way from Liberty Tree Mall) and they are only $15 for a 20 qt pot. They are a thinner guage steel than the more expensive ones, but it did just fine for me.

Hi Leah, I'm Wayne From Tolland CT, I just finished my homebrewing class that was givin as a Xmas present.Our final class is a party when we all bring in the beer we brewed along with food and have a graduation party. I just bottled my porter tonite 36 bottles and cant wait to try it! Im gonna let it sit for 3 weeks a I am heading to spring Training
to see my beloved RED SOX and Yes my wife wants to see her beloved YANKEES.Hope you enjoy home brew and this site as much as I do? GO SOX Go PATS Celts and Bruins

Welcome Leah, like Paul says, check out the local get togethers as they are a blast

-Hippie

Welcome from Cambridge.

Most of the Homebrew shops around are a bit pricey (I still trek down to Rhode Island for my supplies as I know the guy down there). Another option might be some of the online shops, Austin Homebrew has pretty cheap shipping and in many cases it will be cheaper than the area shops.

Geez Paul, the winter has been kind to you, your picture is looking hot! It must be the SCUBA diving:D

Welcome from Boston.

As a member of the local home brew club "The Worts" I would like to extend an invitation to you and your boyfriend to attend our next monthly meeting they are the first Wednesday of every month somewhere in or around Boston.

Details can be found on The Boston Wort Processors

Thanks for the hearty welcome! Sorry I didn't respond earlier... for some reason, I stopped getting e-mails when I got responses to the thread. I'll definitely check out the local events-- they sound like a blast!

I'm most interested in anything happening in the Reading area, but can always stick around in the city after work (not too far from Harpoon) for something extra-special :)

Back