Favorite Movie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off the top of my head

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Seven
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
American Beauty
Aliens
Terminator 2
The Shining
Saving Private Ryan
2001: Space Odyssey
Back to the Future
Total Recall
Office Space
Dumb and Dumber
Twelve Monkeys

I'm sure I'm forgetting tons... I'll add more if I remember them

in no order whatsoever:

the third die hard movie
fight club
the first futurama movie
its a mad mad mad world
caddyshack
happy gilmore
office space
james bond - the living daylights
man on fire
munich
trainspotting

probably another 10 I cant remember right now.

Trainspotting.

That was the most difficult yet, captivating book I have ever read. The translation glossary is nearly as thick as the plot. The movie just ruined it for me. The toilet scene wasn't near as vivid in my mind as it was on film. Feck THAT!

Since most of them have been mentioned, I will do a +1 on office space. Anyone living in a cubicle for 1/3 of their life has to relate to that.

Old School - I did not see anyone mention it, if you have not seen it, you should. Frank the tank.

Most of my faves have already been mentioned, but I also enjoy

1. National Lampoon's Vacation
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. The Exorcist
5. Full Metal Jacket

I watch each of these at least once per year.

Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Kevin Smith marathon tonight.

Kevin Smith fanboy huh.. Clerks did something for me the first couple times I watched. Maybe it was the fact that my aunt lived in Leonardo, NJ forever. Watching it again just reminds me of how uncomfortable the dialog sounds. It might have sounded clever on the written page but it doesn't translate well.

I LOVE Mallrats and what made me a huge Jason Lee fan but I can't stand the other movies.

Kevin Smith fanboy huh.. Clerks did something for me the first couple times I watched. Maybe it was the fact that my aunt lived in Leonardo, NJ forever. Watching it again just reminds me of how uncomfortable the dialog sounds. It might have sounded clever on the written page but it doesn't translate well.

I LOVE Mallrats and what made me a huge Jason Lee fan but I can't stand the other movies.

It took a month of renting Clerks to watch it and it was awesome. I've watched every Kevin Smith movie except Jersey Girl about 100 times. When work is slow we have conversations like they have. Just never get tired of it.

I didn't see Predator on anyone's list.....

"sir, you're bleeding!"

"Son, I ain't got time to bleed"

and Christmas vacation
any Godfather
Underworld (both)
Airplane!
Most of the Naked Gun Movies - They're awesome!

Remember the part when they go to the flea market that used to be on Route 1 in Edison? Its now the massive Loew's theater flanked by Famous Dave's...

1) The Man Who Would Be King
2) Time Bandits
3) The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen
4) Big Fish
5) Freaks

My list could be endless.

King Kong
The Searchers
The Wild Bunch
MASH
The Long Goodbye
Chinatown
Close Encounters
ET
Goodfellas
The Godfather 2
Millers Crossing
Lebowski
No Country for Old Men
The Dark Knight
Slap Shot
Bull Durham
Boogie Knights

I could just keep going

No particular order:

12 Angry Men
Goonies
Gladiator
Shawshank Redemption
Saw
Gran Tarino
Stand By Me
Office Space
Reservoir Dogs
Ace Ventura
A Bronx Tale

Saving Private Ryan...near the end of the movie when they're waiting for the Germans, guarding the bridge and all you hear is the Tiger rolling toward them in the distance...I still get goosebumps watching that. Also, not really a movie but still worth mention is Band of Brothers.

Movies that I can watch over and over (and drive my wife nuts)...
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon 1, 2 or 3
Caddyshack
Back to the Future

Back