Kegerator rails

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman42

Reaction score
I searched the forums for those rails that go around the top of kegerators, but the links in the threads were dead. Does anyone have links to specific parts and assembly instructions?

I just purchased my Danby fridge from walmart and my 3" stainless tower with perlick 525s from kegconnection and am awaiting their arrival. I think the rails are the last part I'll need to assemble a great setup with all the fantastic advice and detailed isntructions I've found on this site.

kman

Since I removed the top/lid to install the tower, I drilled the holes and attached the rails with the screws from the bottom of the top/lid.

Either of you have pictures with those on your kegerators?
I used this how to when I did mine, attached the rails the same way BrainDfect did and added washers on the under side to spread the load on the plastic.

I am out of town right now, but I will post a picture of mine on Wed. I went with a longer rails if I remember correctly.

Just out of curiosity, what's the point of the rails?
They are supposed to keep the glasses from falling off the edge, but I have yet to test this theory. Also, looks really.

I put mine on for aesthetic reasons...I liked the look of the stainless rails. I also used the Ikea Lansa rails.

Back