Spiced Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetsers

Reaction score
I just kegged my Summer Saison about 15 minutes ago, and well there was a nice yeast cake at the bottom of the secondary. So I have decided to use that nice big bunch of yeast and brew my Spiced Wheat tonight ( I had planned on using saison yeast for it anyways since the average temp of the apt is over 85f anyways right now. But this lets me save that smack pack for another day.)

Imediately after kegging the saison, I put the lid back on my secondary sanitised and put the airlock back on. ( it is already bubling and there is nothing in there but the yeast cake.)

Stove top is going and the water shoudl be boiling any minute now. Does anyone think this is a bad idea before I get to far into it, or should I not worry since there is such a large ammount of yeast already my risk of infection will be low?

Thanks all.

Well, I just finished up and put the fermentor in its normal spot, then went to clean up the little mess. When I got back to give the fermentor a look, the lid is convex and preasure is building in the airlock. That will have made it about 15 min after I put it on the self.

This batch is going to rock!
:mug:

Back