Burner stand burning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoNothing

Reaction score
Its kind of hard to tell in the pic (took this at 9:30 at night) but the paint on the burner is being burned off by the fire and the metal underneath it is turning bright orange.

Im just wondering if this is normal or if the stand my turkey fryer came with is shoddy and I should rig something else up for tomorrows brew?

IMG_0222.jpg

I also boiled water in my alum pot, the temp only got to 175 (I was stupidly using a stove) and its now a copper color on the inside (but not all over). Should I do another boil to make the oxidation layer all over the pot? or will that just come and I shouldent worry about it much

IMG_0226.jpg

That's the paint. Hagen and I dealt with that as well when we used our burners for the first time. It's unlikely to happen again.

I had the same thing happen when i did my boil for the first time on the aluminum pot. You can reboil if you want but I didn't. haven't had any off flavors from batch one in that thing til now.

:tank:

Awesome, its great to hear that its normal for the paint to be burning off and that I should just leave my brewpot as is.

Thanks a ton

You have the same burner as I do. It took a couple sessions before I quit smelling the burning paint. It's normal I guess.

You'll like how quickly the burner will boil compared to your stove. Just keep a close watch on it when your wort is getting close to boil, because the foam will grow very quickly, and a boil-over can be messy (although easier to clean than if it happens on your stove).

Had the same thing happen when I first deep fried a turkey... freaked me out too.

It's normal, no worries.

It was the burner and brew pot you recomended to me from Home Depot!

Great buy by the way, thanks

I Know. The funny thing was I happened to be in HD the day you posted your question and noticed they were marked down. I think I paid about $10 more than you did.

When are you going to break that thing in and brew?

Back