Couple of Apfelwine questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Awesome

Reaction score
First, is there something I could buy commercially to try and see if I might like this?

Second, do you bottle it in beer bottles or wine bottles? Do you prime it just like beer?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I had no luck searching, and didn't have the time to read hundreds of pages of posts.

Mr. Awesome said:
Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I had no luck searching, and didn't have the time to read hundreds of pages of posts.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1147705

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1147717

There are hundreds of posts on this subject you need to read a little and try the search feature. Possibly change your search criteria. You can also do the search within a thread. Look at the bar right over the 1st post.

Many people don't know its there.

Mr. Awesome said:
First, is there something I could buy commercially to try and see if I might like this?

Second, do you bottle it in beer bottles or wine bottles? Do you prime it just like beer?

#1 - I don't think there is any commercial equivalent on the market... Ed Worts Apfelwein is special....So special that I'd tell you just go make a batch. Read a little first, it's got a HUGE following so it must be good right? <- either that or Ed's got us all so snowballed that he aughta be runnin' for President.

#2 - I've bottled and kegged (I keg now because it's easy and it get's me chicks...ok it's just easy. Just remember to give it plenty of time. If you make it today, plan on bottling in May then plan on drinking in June and July.

#3 - Learn the search features... but also remember that this is a forum. It's for getting a quick answer (opinion) to a question without having to sift through hundreds of posts like this to get an answer.

Good luck.... MAKE the Apfelwein, you will not be dissapointed (and remember the 3 glass rule)

Back