CO2 refill in New River Valley area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusa

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a 5 lb CO2 tank refilled in Blacksburg, Christiansburg, VA area? I know Vintage Cellar is suppose to exchange them. I just bought a new tank, and would prefer to keep it instead of trading for a used one. I've tried Dicks Sports but 5lb tank is too big. I also tried a HY Test, but as far as I can tell they are out of business. I might consider driving to Roanoke.

Give one of these Fire Extinguisher Supply places in the area a call. I've found, at least local to me, that these fire extinguisher service companies can fill your tank while you wait.

Thanks, tried two of those, but they couldnt help. Tried HY Test again. Turns out they moved, and had new phone number. Only $10 to fill the tank.

Just filled my 20# tank at Hy-Test - they're on the west side of 460 (not the side google maps thinks they are) just as you get to Shawsville - a light blue building on the left after you come down c'burg mountain.

Super friendly, and my tank was just $15 cash to fill (ymmv, I'm not sure they have a "standard" for single small bottles!). Worlds cheaper than $4.50/lb at Dicks.

Latest posts

Back