Labels that make you pass up a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lagunitas has a dog on the label. Lagunitas kicks arse.

I wouldn't let a label stop me from trying something new. Unless it had a unicorn on it. I'd need to think twice about a unicorn label.

Lagunitas has a dog on the label. Lagunitas kicks arse.

I wouldn't let a label stop me from trying something new. Unless it had a unicorn on it. I'd need to think twice about a unicorn label.

What about Unicorns vs ninjas?

Pipeworks-Ninja-Unicorn-570x319.jpg

or Blaecorn Unidragon?

ClownShoes_Unidragon.png

Those are some bad ass labels especially the unicorn vs ninjas

Anything from Lakefront Brewing other than Bridgeburner and Fixed Gear. The rest of their labels are blah. I enjoy most of their beers and really love Bridgeburner. Their Organic ESB looks like a Ben and Jerry's container and another one of their labels- I forget which- looks like it should be a patch on a Boy Scout uniform. Still like most of their beers though.

I tend to try a lot of things. When I moved from Ohio to South Dakota there were so many beer companies that I could get in SD than in Ohio. I bought to many mixed six packs... I learned what companies I liked more than others and I rarely get beer from the companies that did not impress me in those first mixers. When the 'bad' companies release something new I probably won't buy it until someone has told me it was good and I should try it.

Labels, we don't need no stinkin' labels!

Here's an artical i found that could fit into this thread

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2012/08/worst_beer_labels.php#more

I dont agree with some because their good beer. Not all but some.

You know, I bet the Houston Press could offset some of their costs by selling some advertising space on their website. It's an untapped market just waiting for them to take advantage.

I don't understand what his problem with Racer 5 is. It's a race number 5 against a checkered flag. I would think someone from Texas would understand race imagery.

They should really tap into that market. It's a big money maker and they are loosing money

Maybe the font the label is in or something like that. He said that it looks like its drawn by a "lets get high" guy. I dont know. I havent had Racer 5 in a good while. Need to pick up a bottle next time i see it.

I'm a huge fan of Great Divide's labels. Clean, good color and they always catch my eye.

Latest posts

Back