My evil Wyfe is forcing me to brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gestyr

Just an earthbound misfit
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a whomba big food processor today and I took it out of the box and started to put it together. My wyfe walked up to me and said "why don't you put that to use? Chop up those figs you bought, buy some ingredients and make a batch of beer!"

So now I have 2 1/2 lbs of figs, pureed with a pale ale. Tomorrow we are going to the LHBS and doing some shopping. I am thinking that figs would go good in a dubbel. Any input from the interwebs is welcome. :D

And now I can blame this batch on my wyfe.

What kind of figs? Dried or fresh? I'm going to guess dried, given that it's also January in PA, but one never knows. Dried makes things tough, but it can be done. If you're using them in a dubbel, why not soak them overnight in brandy and a hint of balsamic vinegar and then caramelize them on the stove? They'd be great to add in at secondary at that point. This might be best with mission figs, but other types could work well, too. Try Rochefort's yeast if you go this route.

Back