on the right track?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjm76

Reaction score
I am brewing my first batch of mead. a dry tradtional batch. It took app 8 weeks to finish fermentation, at which point I tried a little bit out of my siphon hose. It was too be honest....pretty rough. I could taste a bit of apple flavors.....but the main flavor was like vermouth a very dry....very alcholic flavor. Sure hope it improves with aging. My question for the pros....Is this normal?

I am brewing my first batch of mead. a dry tradtional batch. It took app 8 weeks to finish fermentation, at which point I tried a little bit out of my siphon hose. It was too be honest....pretty rough. I could taste a bit of apple flavors.....but the main flavor was like vermouth a very dry....very alcholic flavor. Sure hope it improves with aging. My question for the pros....Is this normal?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can you please send me your recipie if it's not a problem, i really would like my mead to taste like vermouth..

Back