Hops Direct WOW!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akchris

Reaction score
I just received my first order from Hops Direct. All I have to say is WOW! I ordered 7 pounds on last Tuesday, they shipped on Thursday, and I recieved them today (Monday.) I had them sent by USPS due to shipping rates to Alaska being outrageous. Every one of the bags was at least 18 oz. of hops without the bag. I will definitely be using them again. Just had to share my joy.:ban::ban::ban:

wow, mine shipped on wednesday or something and I wont be getting them tomorrow...

maybe I'll do usps next time over ups

Like Chaos said. Iv'e vacuum packed and frozen them.... and I brewed 10 gallons of IPA about 15 minutes after the wife got home with my big box of hops :rockin::D

I just ordered three pounds yesterday and am super excited! Do you guys weigh them out in 1oz bags or just freeze the whole bag and keep re-opening it as needed?

Cool thanks I'll try that. I still don't know what I am paying in shipping costs to OH for 3 lbs. any ideas?

You can call for a quote or go to ups website and "Calculate Time and Cost" from Spokane, WA 99201 to your area. If you ordered 3lbs of hops the total weight with packaging will probably be 5lbs.

i got 1 lb and shipping was 9.71, I am in Illinois though. I did check the calculator online and if i had ordered 2 pounds, it only would have been 1 dollar or so more

Hops direct has reasonable shipping. I got 10 pounds and the shipping was 12-13 bucks (to illinois if that matters any).

They are awesome. I got between 18-19 oz in each "pound" of hops. Can't complain about that!

I did the "whole pound in one foodsaver bag" method for backaging. I left about 18 inches of extra bag for resealing.

the first pound is going to cost alot to ship, ~$9 probably because of the packaging. adding more pounds is going to make minimal shipping increases.

i got a pound each of amarillo, willamette, galena and cluster and the total was $46, $12 of that was shipping.

i jsut leave the hops in the bag from hops direct. i use an iron to reseal the bag and store them in the freezer.

Never thought of the iron, I put the original bag inside a big vacuum sealer bag once it's opened and just keep re-sealing it.

one of the hopsdirect people commented about the iron to reseal the bag on the hopsdirect forums.
they also mentioned that vacuum sealing was less important than keeping them in the freezer.

I just received my order from Hops Direct. I ordered 2 lbs and shipping to the panhandle in Texas was roughly $9.50 and the total weight was 5 lbs.

I haven't gotten a chance to examine the hops yet, but it looks like they gave me a little more than a pound of each (Amarillo and Cascade).

Well worth the $$$ IMO

I just received my order from Hops Direct. I ordered 2 lbs and shipping to the panhandle in Texas was roughly $9.50 and the total weight was 5 lbs.

I haven't gotten a chance to examine the hops yet, but it looks like they gave me a little more than a pound of each (Amarillo and Cascade).

Well worth the $$$ IMO

but in all fairness this is coming from a person that has a mouse head :)

Back