Regarding Hops Direct...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamhimself

Reaction score
Hops Direct has amazing prices. I got a pound of Cascade for $8.75 and a pound of Amarillo for $11.25. If I use these on a few brews then I easily save insane amounts of money, so of course I ordered.

I received a confirmation email and it said it takes 2-3 days to process which is fine, and even though they didn't set a price for shipping (a little odd) I did some research on here and it didnt seem to be more than 8 bucks, which is fine by me.

I haven't been charged yet though and its been roughly 2 days. Is this normal?

perfectly normal dude, it took them 3 days to process my order. I am assuming they are a tad busy......RDWHAHB

Hops Direct has amazing prices. I got a pound of Cascade for $8.75 and a pound of Amarillo for $11.25. If I use these on a few brews then I easily save insane amounts of money, so of course I ordered.

I received a confirmation email and it said it takes 2-3 days to process which is fine, and even though they didn't set a price for shipping (a little odd) I did some research on here and it didnt seem to be more than 8 bucks, which is fine by me.

I haven't been charged yet though and its been roughly 2 days. Is this normal?

That sounds almost exactly like my order with them. I bought 2 pounds and got a ? for shipping (ended up being about $8). They don't charge you until the hops are shipped and it takes them a few days to ship it.

I called and ask for shipping quotes. They were very nice and gave them to me immediately. When the order actually invoiced, the shipping was $.41 higher... I can live with that! :)

Yeah it's a little busy there I think, but don't worry about it. It took my order a week to get to my house. And shipping was $15.07 unfortunately (for 4 pounds) to Wisconsin.

I did a bulk buy for my homebrew crew, and got 17 lbs of hops from hopsdirect. Same deal with the timing and shipping. I emailed them for shipping quote and it was right on. By the way, the shipping ended up being just about $12 for 17 lbs via UPS. Ended up at just about 10.50 per pound with shipping. Pretty awesome deal. Oh, and 15 lbs of hops is a sh*tload of freezer space-so anyone else tempted to buy in bulk beware, you may need a new freezer!

prices look good i may have to utalize them when my new rigs done, do the sell year round?

Latest posts

Back