Low gravity and fast to make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeprock2

Reaction score
I just got my feet wet with AG and up to this point all the brews I have made have been high gravity. I love the strong beers but they just take forever. By the time it's out of the fermenter, bottled and ready to drink its 2 months+. I was wondering if anyone has a lower gravity beer(<5% ) that can be made quick and that isn't super expensive to make(<$20 for 5 gal if possible). I plan on starting to keg and I was looking for a cheap/quick everyday beer.

I just got my feet wet with AG and up to this point all the brews I have made have been high gravity. I love the strong beers but they just take forever. By the time it's out of the fermenter, bottled and ready to drink its 2 months+. I was wondering if anyone has a lower gravity beer(<5% ) that can be made quick and that isn't super expensive to make(<$20 for 5 gal if possible). I plan on starting to keg and I was looking for a cheap/quick everyday beer.

A mild!

We did a mild swap a few years ago, and the idea was to brew, keg, carb, and ship out on day 10! And we did it. Kegging cut the carbonation time, of course, but even so it was a super fast beer. My recipe (and others) are in this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/project-10der-mild-10-milds-10-days-month-10-a-77758/

Bitters/Special Bitters/ESBs are always good and easy. I am still working on tuning my recipe so I can't be awesome like yooper and give you a link to something I have tried. But you can go pretty simple with the grain bill and hop schedule and get something pretty tasty.

Just keep in mind, with whatever you brew, that the simplest recipes will be the quickest. If you have a ton of flavors competing, you'll need to wait until they meld together.

cream of 3 crops. I think I brewed a batch of that for like 11 bucks and it was good from grain to glass in a month.

Back