• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 gallon keg, needs posts and diptube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowell

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 3 gallon keg that I scored from the biotech company that I used to work for. It has held nothing but water in the past...I know because I ordered it when I worked there, used it, and was given it when the company went under! Anyways, it is pretty unique. It is a high grade stainless "pressure can" from Gelman Sciences, as we used to refer to it as before. It has a total of 5 threaded ports, all 1/4", except for one that is 3/8" (but I'll throw in the adapter to make it 1/4"). I have plugs in 3 of the 5 threaded ports. I have seen the corny adapters that they sell for the 1/4" ports that a post can then be put on, but I never have gotten around to doing it. With a baby coming soon, I don't see myself getting to it. It will also need a dip tube for the liquid. It has a depressed bottom section on the floor of the can for the pickup tube. Dimensions: 15" high with a 9.25" diameter. The handle sticks out 1.5" from that diameter. I didn't get a chance to clean the sawdust off of it, sorry. It is in spotless condition. I was thinking $60 shipping included to anywhere in the US or reasonable offers entertained. Thanks, let me know and hopefully someone else will get to use this.

PB200174.jpg

PB200176.jpg

PB200173.jpg

Put the wrong price initially, it's correct now. $60 shipped or reasonable offers entertained.

Back