1000W Water Heater sufficient for boiling 3gallons of water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuserjuicer

Reaction score
Just purchased this 1000W water heater to help get my initial 3 gallons of water up to boil. Did I just waste my money or will this help? Can I leave this in during the entire boil process (grains, malt, 60 min hop..)?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some questions about the solder used and its safety for potable water.

There are some questions about the solder used and its safety for potable water.

Considering it is designed for farmers, it should be fine for potable water. I suspect most of the people that had problems got defective units. Four 1 stars vs 33 5 stars. It was interesting that one of the 3 star reviews the guy admitted he left the unit in water for months and it corroded and he ordered a replacement. Rather rare for someone to admit they messed up.

Should be fine for 3 gallons. 1000/1500 watts is typical for a 4-6 gallon water heater.

I'm just going off the review someone posted with the response from the manufacturer about the chemicals and solder used during manufacture.

In the forums that is referred to as a heat stick. When we must brew indoors on the stovetop. a device that that can be placed in the kettle to assist the stove in bringing the water up to a boil. Perswonally, I just do a partial boil and top off. My electric stove can handle up to 4 gallons.

Back