Priming my first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
I know this has been asked but Im wondering if the situation will be different when priming a keg of Cheesefoods caramel cream ale because of the added cup and a half of lactose at priming time.

I want to keg this and if I add

1oz vanilla
2oz burbon
1cup lactose
1 1/4 DME

to the keg will this mix enough and carbonate properly?

Thanks

why not just force carb? that's one of the many benefits of kegging vs. bottling.

well then would I just dump the lactose, burbon, and vanilla in the keg when I transfer? Then force carb?

Pretty much. what's the purpose of the bourbon? are you trying to kill the yeast with it, or is it a flavoring/adjunct? I know the lactose is to back sweeten and the vanilla is for flavor as well.
I've never done the lactose thing, but I'd guess you wanna dissolve it in a cup or boiled water first, cool it, then put it and the vanilla in the keg, then rack on to it. probably give it a little stir, or just shake the crap outta it during force carbing.

Back