Drinking Window

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
What do you guys see as the time frame for ideal drinking on bottle-conditioned beers? Does it depend on style? I'm noticing that after 1 month, the beer is noticeably better than at 2 weeks, and I understand it stores well for a long time... is it way better after 5 months?

Sasquatch said:
What do you guys see as the time frame for ideal drinking on bottle-conditioned beers? Does it depend on style? I'm noticing that after 1 month, the beer is noticeably better than at 2 weeks, and I understand it stores well for a long time... is it way better after 5 months?
They tell me it depends on Hops, Alcohol Content, and temp you condition at? I am looking for an answer as well. I want to brew something nice and strong that I can put up until christmas. I am not sure of what I need to take into consideration before I brew it. I would like to make a big beer that could sit until December. Sorry, I dont have an answer, but I am interested in the same topic.

Well, I just did a kit stout and have a pale ale in primary, hoping these will be perfect at Christmas time. If they aren't going to store that long, I have a LOT of drinking to do before then. (So it's a win-win situation! ;) )

Back