My Basement Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You basically want the outside air to not transfer heat to your beer, thus keeping ur beer "less hot"
+1 to what Mississippislim is saying. You will be fine if you use a radiant barrier on the outside...

radiant barrier.jpg

I'd be more worried about getting enough cold air pumped from the fridge than insulation. The insulation will keep your electric bills down but won't help a bit if your tower is still warm. Temporarily install your fan and see what temp you can keep at the far end of your pipe run. I'm guessing you'll be fine but if you aren't you'll need another cooling source closer to the tower.

Well I put that reflective insulation that you guys recomended. I turned on the fridge and ran it. I got the fridge down to 39 degrees. But that pipe was only at 70 degrees. My blower came in yesterday I put that it and were the tap would be I got it down to 57 degrees. The hose for the blower only goes in halfway not long enought yet to reach the tower. The temp dropped is pretty good but not quite enough. I still plan to run my beer lines in copper pipe. Now I'm wondering if I should drill a hole from the freezer to the fridge and put the blower in the freezer and have the line come down and go into my PVC pipe. But would that freeze my line in that one spot you think?

If you have room in the fridge...get a bucket filled with water and add a small submersible pump and run it with the beer lines and back. Its cheap and works. Simple heat exchange. The copper your putting in I am sure would help too.

Well I got the it down to 40 degrees at the tap. I plumbed the blower motor to copper pipe in the freezer and it is ran all the way to the tap inside the pvc. Then the beer line all the way to the tap will be in copper....I did it all in copper and soldered everything to seal it. But I did that in case I was going to have to go to a submersible pump and run antifreeze in it. That's for all the input guys....will post more pics when the top is on and I don't know when that will be. For now looks like I'm hooking up a keg.

ForumRunner_20120819_183909.jpg

ForumRunner_20120819_183926.jpg

Well I got the it down to 40 degrees at the tap. I plumbed the blower motor to copper pipe in the freezer and it is ran all the way to the tap inside the pvc. Then the beer line all the way to the tap will be in copper....I did it all in copper and soldered everything to seal it. But I did that in case I was going to have to go to a submersible pump and run antifreeze in it. That's for all the input guys....will post more pics when the top is on and I don't know when that will be. For now looks like I'm hooking up a keg.

Sweet... looks great and I am looking forward to your finished product. Enjoy your draft beer!:tank:

Back