Kegged my first beer tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerthoven

Reaction score
Woot! :ban:

It's not pretty, but it's mine. The fridge was free from a friend, and the kegging hardware is from kegconnection.com.
Picture_00111.jpg

First Keg. An American Wheat, just in time for summer.
Picture_0048.jpg

Congrats on your 1st kegged beer. I have 2 kegged now and today my faucets and shanks were coming and I got everything that I ordered but 1 of the shanks was missing the nut that holds the shank in the door so I could only hook 1 up and man that oatmeal stout was good, now I have to call the homebrew supply store and tell them that the nut was missing and see when they can get it to me:mug:.

Congrats on the new keggin system. :rockin:
I do like how you put tape over the handle, I assume it is to prevent you from tasting the beer until it is ready. Unless you put a lock and key on it and throw away the key, you will be tasting it before it is fully carbed.

Congrats on the new keggin system. :rockin:
I do like how you put tape over the handle, I assume it is to prevent you from tasting the beer until it is ready. Unless you put a lock and key on it and throw away the key, you will be tasting it before it is fully carbed.

No, it's so my 3 and 6 year old boys will know not to pull on it. Or I will chop their little hands off.

i would suggest you start brewing a ton-the kegerator is going to put a hurting on your stash. i've had my keezer up and running for a month-and i had 25 gallons to start with. needless to say, 10 gal batches here on out especially with summer time. i cant thing of anything worse than an emptied kegerator.

Congrats. Great looking kegerator. But seriously, re-think the hearts. :rolleyes:

LMAO. I love my kegerator!

I do agree, though, there is something not quite right about putting artwork to/from your kids on the kegerator. And SWMBO needs to find another place for the extra milk, too!

i would suggest you start brewing a ton-the kegerator is going to put a hurting on your stash. i've had my keezer up and running for a month-and i had 25 gallons to start with. needless to say, 10 gal batches here on out especially with summer time. i cant thing of anything worse than an emptied kegerator.

+1 to this man!!! I have a 15 gallon capable kegerator and I am down to some apfelwein on tap. :(

One thing to think of - SAVE YOUR PENNIES AND GET PERLICKS!!
I have read countless times about the taps sticking, and didnt think a whole lot of it - until it happened to me.

Perlicks are next on my things to buy.
-Me

Uh, oh, this thing is dangerous. Me and the wifey have both hit it for "short pints" at least 3 or 4 times tonight...:drunk::)

I think I'll need to accelerate my brew schedule :ban:

Latest posts

Back