What PSI are you using?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondra76

Reaction score
Just changed out my Kegerator to a new commercial model (basically a TDD-4 model) and wondering what the denver community mostly uses for PSI levels. My last kegerator had a super tall collar on it and I had even my porters at 12 PSI @ 38 degrees (10' of 3/16 ID). I'm starting out all my beers in this kegerator at 10 PSI with the same beer line. I've heard that our altitude requires more PSI than the normal charts you see. What are you guys usually running for your beers?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

8 psi for a week at temp. Leave at 8 psi while drinking the beer. Never a problem, always a perfect pour. Easy peasy.

Depends on the beers. I'm at 7000' and run the gamut from 8 for milds to 20 for saison to 30 for sparkling wine. 15' 3/16" line at 38F

85 psi all the way around.

err... we're not talking about trucks are we....

8 psi @ 42f :)

I'm at 5,700 ft and keep between 8 and 12 PSI at 40 F. One of my regulators tends to creep up and I get 1/2 glass of head when it gets in the 14-16 PSI range. 8 ' of 3/16 ID hose on all my taps.

Back