fermentation fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
wow ! this is my first batch in a glass carboy primary. i would not have guessed the the activity was that turbulent !!!! like a freakin typhoon in there !:rockin:

Sounds like it's time to toss in a blowoff tube, if you haven't already.

What kind of brew is it? Post some pics, so we can see the violent fury that is a big brew. :D

brewers best "robust porter". only video would do it justice. i dont think i could get it to agitate that much if i picked it up and shook it ! i cant post pics because i dont have a place to host them.

brewers best "robust porter". only video would do it justice. i dont think i could get it to agitate that much if i picked it up and shook it ! i cant post pics because i dont have a place to host them.

get a photobucket account; free easy -- photos and video too!:ban:

I do have a quick question for you guys regarding using a carboy for a primary. What size is the best for primary? I have a 5 gallon and 6.5 gallon carboy right now. I know that the 6.5 gallon will be better to prevent blowoff, but should I still be concerned with blowoff in a 6.5? Do you guys always put a blowoff on when using a carboy for the primary? Any additional information regarding that would be awesome!

Back