A little info about AHS Gold Seal Trappist Dubbel please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zythos

Reaction score
Hi,

I was thinking about brewing this as my next batch. It's supposed to be a beginner level brew and since I'm still a beginner having only brewed four other batches, two of which are still in the primary, if this would be a good choice. I do enjoy belgian beers. At this point I have only worked with beers that have an original gravity of about 1.040 and this beer will be more like 1.059 or higher because I will probably be getting the 1% boost along with it. I would just like to know if anyone has tried it, if so, was it good? I would also like to know whether or not it might be out of my league, and any other helpful info, thanks.

Go for it. Learn by doing, there shouldn;t be anything new and crazy going on with it and you will be fine.

A good rule-of-thumb is to buy a bottle of the style you are planning to brew to make sure you like it. In my experience, the Store-bought Beer is no better than my homebrew, and in many cases, the homebrew is better. So to answer the question, "Is it any good?", you'll have to try one. My tastes are probably different from yours, and yours are different from Parker's, etc.

Back