Hello from the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase

Reaction score
My name's Chase. I live in Peoria, IL where nothing really happens. I'm a student, and I'm new to brewing. I got turned on to brewing while chatting with an experienced brewer at a potluck. He brought a double IPA and I fell in love.

I completely understand why people call it an obsession. I got my brew kit about 6 weeks ago, and I just racked my third brew to the secondary. I have a good friend helping me out with the brewing and the drinking, so everything takes half as long.

This forum is a wonderful place to learn.

Welcome! There are quite a few Ill guys on the board, but most of us are in the greater Chicagoland area. The only thing I remember about Peoria is Big Al's - that place still around?

Welcome chase!

If I remember correctly, there's a LHBS in Peoria, but I can't think of the name of it. Biermann is in your neck of the woods and he should remember...

And what's a Big Al's rd? ;) :D

Ize

homebrewer_99 said:
I thought the store in Peoria closed like 10 years ago...is there another one?

This was the place, on North Sheridan. http://www.harringtonpress.com/ IIRC they don't open til 3 tho, and the only time I really get up to Peoria is when my son has a Doc appt. at St. Francis and it's usually a blow in blow out trip...

I'd like to get there sometime tho.

Ize

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yes, Big Al's still exists... People often say that Peoria stinks because of the grain fermenting plant. I say it is because of Big Al's.

Thanks for the tip on the homebrew store. I didn't even know it exists. I've been going to Friar Tucks. Their supply is limited but they carry most of the essentials. I'm definitely going to check that place out this week.

If there are lots of folks here from Chicagoland, I suppose there are lots of Cubs fans.
GO CUBBIES! THIS IS THE YEAR! (I suppose I just made some friends and some enemies!)

Latest posts

Back