I love this hobby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyT

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just got batch #2 (Scotch Ale) into the fermenter and had a blast doing it. The apartment smells fantastic and we had a couple great brews while we brewed (not homebrews, as my first two batches are still in the fermenters).

My OG reading were perfect on both batches and all I can do now is hold my breath. I am planning on bottling batch #1 (Amber Ale) this weekend if it is ready and brewing batch #3 (Irish Stout for St. Patty's Day) to fill the void.

DSC_4399.jpg

The joy of a perfect hydrometer reading:
DSC_4443.jpg

Well, after deciding to follow Revvy's advice of leaving the brew in the primary for 2-3 weeks, I find myself needing another fermenter or two. Off to pick up a couple more Ale Pails this weekend (and fill them, of course)! I think I better limit myself to 4 batches at a time -- for now.

I hope you're brewing some extra strength goodness...Just skied Snowbird in January (amazing...40+in in the 5 days I skied), and was pissed I couldn't get any good local brews above 4% alc./vol. I know that's the "LAW" and all, but come on...this is America. Brew some Freedom for UT.

way to go I have 3 fermenters and need more

of them you can NEVER have enough primaries

not if you want to drink some of your brew while some is bubbling

you run out fast so make more brew dammit

:ban:

I think 4 is perfect for me right now. That should enable me to make one new brew every weekend. Bottle on Saturday, then fill the newly empty fermenter back up on Sunday. Besides, in my apartment I can't really manage more than 4!

Unfortunately I won't be able to drink my own stuff for another 6 weeks or so (though I am sure to have a couple early sample bottles before then). After the first batch is ready to drink I should never have to go without homebrew again (for long at least)!

Back