Hot and Cold water in the Garage for Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollyjake

Get Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am just finishing adding a utility sink & drain in my attached garage. It will make brewing & clean up a snap! All grain, all year long, no more small batches on the kitchen stove during the winter! Bottle washing without taking up the whole place. This will be nice. :ban:

Very cool! Do you have any pictures?

I would love to make this one of my projects this summer. I have a dedicated cold water line run to an in-line filter in the garage that I use for filling my HLT but a separate tub and drain would be awesome for clean up. I think I would like to maybe even frame out a floor-pan that would be sloped and have a drain so that any spills could be contained and just hosed clean.

My garage is gradually progressing from {Car Parking Space with some tools} >> [Woodworking Space with a propane burner for brewing] >> (Full On Brewery)

Very cool! Do you have any pictures?

I would love to make this one of my projects this summer. I have a dedicated cold water line run to an in-line filter in the garage that I use for filling my HLT but a separate tub and drain would be awesome for clean up. I think I would like to maybe even frame out a floor-pan that would be sloped and have a drain so that any spills could be contained and just hosed clean.

My garage is gradually progressing from {Car Parking Space with some tools} >> [Woodworking Space with a propane burner for brewing] >> (Full On Brewery)
I'll upload some tonight. Sewer line is all done (with studor vent to help the flow). Pex line is run, just need to tie in to the main lines in the house. Then I'll add a folding counter top along that wall.

I am just finishing adding a utility sink & drain in my attached garage. It will make brewing & clean up a snap! All grain, all year long, no more small batches on the kitchen stove during the winter! Bottle washing without taking up the whole place. This will be nice. :ban:

Is your garage heated? How will you keep the lines from freezing?

I'll upload some tonight. Sewer line is all done (with studor vent to help the flow). Pex line is run, just need to tie in to the main lines in the house. Then I'll add a folding counter top along that wall.
All done now. I still have to decide on a table/bench for that wall.
The Pex hardware required that I remove 1.5" out of the main line to accommodate the width of the "T" fitting. Its important that there are no burrs inside or out. Also, I wish I had arranged the vent to be behind the sink now, but its fine.
Cheers!

Drain Tie in.JPG

drain and vent.JPG

Shark T installed.JPG

all done.JPG

Back