What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried Habanero Hop Box.. Quite an interesting beer. Onto a Goose Island 25th.

image-549544149.jpg

Viking Metal and Funk Metal to round out the afternoon. I think I hit everything that's not easily available at this point. Also reached the end of the fiance's brewery patience. Perfect timing

Just had a late lunch at sea dogs brew pub. Had an IPA and their blonde. Not a huge fan of their beer but they make some damn good steamers and lobster.

Picked 12 lbs of strawberries today as well. What to brew, what to brew.

NIZZLE said:
Ok dose anyone want to trade for one of these when it comes out? founders mango magnifico

Noooo!!!!!
I thought I had the exclusive rights on that one!
You can't just open it up to everyone!
:p

You get tickets to buy? I have 2 on reserve but that's all I was allowed. And its Mango Magnifico en Fuego. Can't forget the habaneros

Ya I'll get a ticket my wife gets a ticket and my non drinkin neighbor gets one so I'll end up with six bottles or more. And it's actually mango magnifico con calor
:-D

TNGabe said:
It's called homebrew. :D

Hey now, I do have my first saison going right now. It's a total shot in the dark combo of a few recipes:

7lb pils
1lb Munich
1lb flaked wheat
1lb Demerara sugar
1tsp black pepper
.5 Nelson FWH
.5 Nelson @ 15
1oz Nelson hop stand (180-150 degrees over 20 minutes)
OG was 1.063 for 5.25gal
Chilled to 64 degrees, pitched rehydrated Belle Saison. Left in the garage to do whatever it's gonna do. If I where guessing, the average garage temp has been in the mid 90's. this could very well turn out to be hot garbage

image-1873438567.jpg

Having this now.

How is it!?!?

I would like to know the same thing. From the promo stuff I saw it sounded like they actually cared about the beer being a good one.

Had some lavender iced tea at a farm SWMBO took me to so she could pick a bunch of fresh lavender. And we now have more fresh lavender than we know what to do with. I suppose a lavender mead is calling my name...

And now gravity sample of my Ordinary Bitter.

I would like to know the same thing. From the promo stuff I saw it sounded like they actually cared about the beer being a good one.

Had some lavender iced tea at a farm SWMBO took me to so she could pick a bunch of fresh lavender. And we now have more fresh lavender than we know what to do with. I suppose a lavender mead is calling my name...

Yup, I thought the same
It looks like a delicious malty English brew

More of this, say what you will about putting fruit in beer. It's 95 out and this tastes pretty darn good.
20130706_175909_HDR_Karen.jpg

Doesn't change the flavor of the beer a ton but it makes the strawberries taste divine.

It is pretty good. I mean, Robinsons make a lot of decent ales so it was never gonna be awful.

I think Brucey did spend a lot of time making it better, but in the end it's just an ESB really - quite a nice one mind.

Put me in line for Beatification!! I plan to have several of the RR sours for the week of my birthday and I don't have this one.

Latest posts

Back