Hello from San Jose, Ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonyw

Reaction score
Been brewing for about two years now. The first four or so batches were extract and then I switched over to all grain. I've been brewing only pale ales as those are what I mostly enjoy.

I'm experimenting a lot with various aspects of hops, changing boil times, dry hopping at different times and most recently making a Hop tea in the french press. I've started growing my own hops this year. The cascades yielded enough for two batches in their first year which was unexpected, the chinooks grew well but not a lot of cones, the fuggles didn't ever get really big and the centennials never got started.

I found the site while searching for ways to culture pacman yeast since I was planning to brew some Dead Guy, but after checking the bottles it appears to be filtered so I bought some Brutal Bitter 22oz'rs instead and loved it so much that I'm going to brew a clone of that tomorrow. The pacman yeast reculture appears to have taken so I should have a decent amount of yeast to pitch. Good info here on that topic and washing yeast which I had never done so that'll come in handy in a week or two.

Looks like a good forum, glad I found it.

Welcome fellow Bay Area-er! Yeah, we seem to cover the whole yeast washing & culturing thing every few weeks... its good stuff! Good luck on your clone!

Thanks all! I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, hopefully I can pitch in (get it? :) ) as well sometimes.

Welcome! Not too far from a lot of you. Keep me in mind if you want equipment, or need something. I always have extra things AND will continue to need things.

Back