Should i be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FaxedHead

Reaction score
My wife moved my primary next to the vent, I had no idea until after an hour! When I found it it was 77 going on 80! It's a wheat, it's pretty much done fermenting, day four. Should I be worried?

One thing i have learned in the WHOLE week i have been brewing is NEVER WORRY Its the same thing when i was doing computer repair someone get a virus and they would FREAK OUT! Dont panic just keep a cool head and go from there My brew now goes from 64-70 hard to keep temp perfect So i deal with what i have Someone should be able to shed more light on this but i wouldnt worry Accidents happen Dont yell at your wife I feel sure she didnt do it on purpose Im pretty sure 8- is high but what if brewing in the south like me in the summer it would be way past that! Just go with it I will bet it wasnt at that temp for long anyway right? Just a glitch

No, don't be worried. Just move it back. With stealth, in the dead of night, lest she find out. But don't worry.

One thing i have learned in the WHOLE week i have been brewing is NEVER WORRY Its the same thing when i was doing computer repair someone get a virus and they would FREAK OUT! Dont panic just keep a cool head and go from there My brew now goes from 64-70 hard to keep temp perfect So i deal with what i have Someone should be able to shed more light on this but i wouldnt worry Accidents happen Dont yell at your wife I feel sure she didnt do it on purpose Im pretty sure 8- is high but what if brewing in the south like me in the summer it would be way past that! Just go with it I will bet it wasnt at that temp for long anyway right? Just a glitch

Not a single period in this whole post?!?

OP: You're fine. This late in the game, vigorous fermentation is likely complete, so the elevated temps shouldn't produce too many off flavors. If it does, depending on the yeast you used, the off flavors might even be to style. You might end up with some hefe-esque notes, but I don't see it being undrinkable.

Heh, your wife is strong and/or dedicated... most women I know wouldn't move a five gallon container themselves, but insist that you do so. ;)

I'm a rookie myself, but from what I've read, it looks like the worst you may have to do is give the beer a bit of time. I'm thinking you will be just fine.

djfriesen said:

Hey there were some punctuation, just not any periods.

Its a wheat. They make some pretty off flavors naturally so you might not notice anything from the high temp.

Can't undo it now so rdwhahb.

OP: You're fine. This late in the game, vigorous fermentation is likely complete, so the elevated temps shouldn't produce too many off flavors. If it does, depending on the yeast you used, the off flavors might even be to style. You might end up with some hefe-esque notes, but I don't see it being undrinkable.

I said before the keyboard is screwed up and doesnt work for periods and commas others understood it If i could type periods or commas i would trust me! but thanks for pointing that out! next time you make a mistake im going to make you the center of attention Prepare for embarrassment "MR PERFECT" road goes both ways

EDIT: and just for the record your the only smartass i ran into on this forum Your just another troll trying to get **** started

Bunch of punctuation nazi's thats whats wrong with forums now All hyped up on periods and commas who gives a ****! ????? anybody????? You dont like it dont read it Stop being the problem! If the point gets across then thats all that matters FUnny thing is only people bring it up is you two nobody else even blinks

EDIT and just for the record this convo is over and stop hijacking this dudes thread

Personally I'm here for the info not the punctuation, grammar or spelling.

Latest posts

Back