Recipe based on extra hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUNningonbrew

Reaction score
These are the extra hops I have...can anyone give me a recommendation on a recipe based on these hops, thanks!

.50 oz fuggle
.50 Amarillo
1 oz centennial
.25oz Columbus
.6 oz willamette
1 oz warrior

Any help would be appreciated, wanted to make a wheat ipa

maybe an american pale. bitter with warrior, finish with amarillo & centennial. use the rest in other beers.

. take a look at Jamil's American pale ale recipe in brewing classic styles, the recipe WITHOUT crystal malt, replace the hops with those three... should work for the amounts you have there.

6 lb 2-Row
2 lb Munich
2 lb Wheat
1 lb Crystal 20

1oz Warrior @ 60
0.25oz Columbus, 1oz Centennial @ 10
0.5oz Amarillo @ Dry Hop

Mash at 150 for 45 minutes

Ferment with your favorite American ale yeast.

Honestly you don't have enough hops there to make an IPA in my opinion, but this is what I would do for the best use of hops. I kept the gravity on the low side for an American IPA to help the hops come out more. I don't think fuggles/williamette are good in anything lighter than a brown ale, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks, I have a two hearted clone in primary right now, I will. Reuse the California ale yeast

Back